If you are living near the American University of the Caribbean (AUC), or are just new St. Maarten, there are a few options for receiving mail or packages from the United States, Canada, or other countries.
- If you are a student (or living with one) you can address the letter or package to:
- Student Name
- American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
#1 University Dr. at Jordan Road
Cupecoy, Sint Maarten
- The student will be notified via email if letters or packages are sent to the above address. For those in North America, shipping directly to the Caribbean is generally very expensive so you may want to price check using one of the other shipping services if it is bigger than a letter. Additionally, expect to wait 4 to 6 weeks for items.
- Receive a package through Four Star Cargo
- One convenient option for receiving packages from friends or family or Amazon, etc., is to mail from North America to the Miami office of Four Star Cargo under your name. You can get a price quote on their website if you know the dimensions and weight. After registering for an account, you will be emailed a mailing address. When you are expecting a package, log it into the Four Star Cargo system and you will be emailed a shipping invoice payable through PayPal. You can ship via cargo which will take about a week depending on the day it leaves Miami or you can ship via air which may arrive in around two business days. Packages can be picked up from the harbor office, the airport office or can be delivered to you if you call and request delivery.
- Receive a package through Tropical Shipping
- If you are shipping multiple packages or a pallet or barrel (especially when moving here from North America) most choose to use Tropical Shipping. Call the phone number for details, but you can arrange items to be sent to the Miami port then delivered to your St Maarten location. Keep in mind that sending items back out of the country to North America costs 3 to 4 times what it costs to get here and may take a month. If you are just here for school, you might want to think of packing as for a long term vacation rather than moving all of your belongings, especially since most apartments are furnished.
- Tropical Shipping will also ship your car to St Maarten St Martin but you should plan on only bringing a car you are comfortable with leaving in St Maarten (it will be very expensive to return ship and will most likely get damaged while in SXM)